Practice Prompt 3

Why I Am For Pluto

By: Margaret Manolache

Do you remember the phrase “My very energetic mother just served us nine pizzas”. Well, all the first letters represent our planets in our solar system. But today in the modern world people say, “My very energetic mother just served us nachos”. Do you know why? I do, it is because pluto has been reclassified as a dwarf planet. I strongly have an authentic opinion that that is incorrect. I know this because I read two very legitimate articles called “What is a Planet” by Daniel Santos and “When a Planet is not a Planet” by NASA that there are many reasons why Pluto should be reemitted as a planet. For example, their definition of a planet is vague and not enough people voted. Those are just two main points why Pluto should be a planet.

There many and many more reasons of why Pluto should be a planet and in this paragraph I will state just one in this paragraph. My first reason is the definition if a planet is vague. I know this because in the article “What is a Planet” by, Daniel Santos that there has never been a specific diagnosis of the word planet. That means they haven’t come up with a specific definition for the word planet. So technically they don’t know exactly whether Pluto is the term “a dwarf planet” or not. That is just one reason why pluto should be a planet. In my next paragraph I will state just another reason why pluto should be a planet.

Now I will state one more reason why Pluto should be a planet. In addition to no specific definition, scientists say that Pluto doesn’t meet the third requirement. The third requirement is that Pluto has to be able to clear its neighborhood. I agree with that statement but it meets two of the requirements so shouldn’t it be a planet? Also These definitions don’t state how close an object can be to Pluto to have cleared it’s neighborhood, so it isn’t clear  In my next paragraph I will state the final reason why Pluto should be a planet.

I have one last final reason why Pluto should be a planet. My final reason is not enough people voted. I know this because in the article “When a Planet is not a Planet” by Daniel Santos it states that not enough IAU in members voted. Only 20% of the members voted whether Pluto should be a planet or not. That to me is not enough people to vote on a big topic. Its like only two states of America voting on who should be the president. That is my final reason why Pluto should be a planet.

In conclusion, there are many reasons why Pluto should be a planet and why. For example, the definition is vague. From reading “What is a Planet” by Daniel Santos and “When a Planet is not a Planet” by NASA I have  very strong, legitimate, and authentic opinion  why Pluto should be reemitted as a planet.